Spark may collect and process the following kinds of information:
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. information from which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth or other similar information (“Personally Identifiable Information”)) when you voluntarily provide this information to us or when you give permission to others (such as your healthcare provider) to share such Personal Information with us.
- Non-personally identifiable information relating to such things as the total number of visits to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of our visitors and the browser version you are using, the date and time of access, the time spent on our Website and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
- We may also request from time to time that you provide us with additional demographic or other health information through responses to questions or surveys (“Additional Information” and together with Personally Identifiable Information, “Personal Information”).
How We Use Personal Information
Spark may use Personal Information in a variety of ways. Your Personal Information may be used to:
- Respond to comments or requests for information;
- Provide any requested information, products or services;
- Troubleshoot problems with the Website, or any services, as requested;
- Customize your experience with the Website or the content of the Website;
- Contact you with more information about Spark and its services.
If you do provide Personal Information to us, you agree we may contact you through a variety of methods including e-mail, postal mail and telephone. In addition to the above, Spark may use both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information to improve the content of our Website, to customize our Website to your preferences, to understand how our visitors use our Website so that we can improve the Website and the customer experience and for internal research purposes. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for purpose of system administration. We may also aggregate your Personal Information with other data and use such aggregated data to help us improve our products and services.
If you contact us to report on your experience with the use of our products or services, we may contact you for follow up information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties based on the good faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect and defend the rights or property of Spark or (b) act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of the Spark’s services and/or the Website. We may use third parties to provide services and information and we may provide some co-branded services in partnership with others. We also may use third parties to analyze data collected in the course of our normal business operations, including on this Website. We will not disclose your personally identifying information to anyone other than our employees and those third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We may share aggregate non-identifiable information with third parties for research purposes and to analyze and report market trends.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Spark is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. Spark takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information as you transmit it to our Website and to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The data you provide us will be held on a secured web server operated by Spark or an agent performing services on our behalf. Unfortunately, the confidentiality of any Personal Information or the transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure or error-free, and Spark cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and our Website is solely at your own risk.
When you come to our Website we may obtain information about your Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is a text file stored on the hard drive of your computer. We do not collect Personal Information with our cookies but we use them to improve our Website, gather aggregate usage metrics and deliver a more personalized service, including enabling us to track the interests of our users, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to recognize our users when they come to our Websites, to store information about your preferences and allow us to customize our Website in accordance with your interests, and to speed up your searches. Web browsers typically accept cookies by default but you may change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from websites. However, if you configure your browser to stop accepting cookies, you may be unable to properly use certain parts of our Website.
You may receive emails from Spark. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the links available in our emails. On our Website, you can choose to use a “Share” service to send content from the Website to someone else. In such case we may ask you for information such as their email address as well as your name and email address. The information you provide will be used to send a single message by us on your behalf. This information will not be collected or stored for any additional purpose.
Where We Store Personal Information
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to and from websites maintained by third parties that may provide useful information to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies. Spark is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Children Under 13
The Website content and services are intended for users over the age of 13. The Website is not designed to attract child users. If we learn that an under 13 user has volunteered Personal Information and/or health-related Personal Information on the Website, or that a provider has volunteered information about a patient who is identified as younger than 13, we will delete such information from our active databases.
Your Privacy Choices
- Opt-in. When you access any interactive tool or service on the Website, you will be asked to affirmatively choose (“opt-in”) to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information.
- Receive email. You may elect to receive email updates about developments regarding Spark. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may unsubscribe to any such contact list by using the “Unsubscribe” links within the electronic communication channel, or by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to email@example.com.
- Accept cookies. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies certain of the functions and conveniences of the Website may not work properly.
- Access/review/update personal information. If an individual becomes aware that Personal Information we maintain about them is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or out of date, or if an individual would like to access, update or review his or her information, the individual may contact us using the contact information below. Spark will attempt to provide the requested information or make requested changes to the extent allowable by applicable privacy laws. In any event, we will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible, to advise you of the outcome of your request.
- Remove Personal information. You may request the removal of previously provided Personal Information at any time using the contact information below.
Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
3737 Market Street, Suite 1300
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Attention: Head of Corporate Compliance
1-855-SPARKTX / +1 215-220-9300